Queenie Wu is a skilled and experienced Consultant Clinical Psychologist with a track record of delivering high-quality services for individuals with all common emotional difficulties and those with a diagnosis of personality disorder. She is experienced in service design and delivery, the management of multi-disciplinary teams, organisational consultancy, and development and delivery of both national and bespoke training to providers in the public mental health and private health sector
Core skills:Working with both
children and adults
Register in Psyhology
Phones:(03) 9874 5577
location:353 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, VIC 3131
Queenie has held a variety of clinical and consulting positions including her current one as Director of ULife Psychology. Further she has been in an academic position for the Deakin University since 2015 lecturing on psychopathology, personality and cross-cultural psychology, specialist third year Psychology undergraduate, postgraduate Masters and Doctorate programmes.
She is trained in several specialist therapeutic approaches such as schema therapy, Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing therapy (EMDR), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), mindfulness-based approaches and Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT).
She is experienced in service design and delivery, the management of multi-disciplinary teams, organisational consultancy, and development and delivery of both national and bespoke training.
Having obtained a undergraduate degree in Psychology (BA.Psych) at University of Melbourne, she completed her Masters degree in Clinical Psychology and is currently finishing her doctoral training at Deakin University. Queenie is highly experienced in the assessment and treatment of depression, anxiety, substance misuse, personality disorder, eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, adjustment disorder and relationship difficulties. She works with both individuals and couples and can offer therapy in English and Chinese Mandarin.
- Anxiety/mood disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Anger management
- Bereavement and grief
- Children conduct disorders and other developmental disorders
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder
- Marriage/relationship difficulties
- Clinical Psychology
- Cross-cultural mental health
- Children/youth mental health
- “Circle of Security” parenting training
- Acceptance and Commitment TherapyCognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Moment Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Relaxation and meditation
- Schema Therapy
Board Approved Supervisor for:
- Pathway: Work in Addition to Higher degree
- Pathway: 5 + 1 Internship. Supervisor type: Principle & Secondary
- Pathway: Registrar Program. Area of practice: Clinical psychology. Supervisor type: Principle & Secondary
- Pathway: 4 + 2 Internship. Supervisor type: Principle & Secondary
- Pathway: Higher Degree progress. Area of practice: Clinical psychology